August 15th 2020
There was no "normal" opening of the green this year due to Covid19 but an opening day was held on 15th August
July 2020 update
We are pleased to inform you that we have made efforts to prepare the Clubhouse and the Bar for re-opening.
The Clubhouse and bar will be open from 7pm until 12pm on Friday evening 31st July 2020. Initially we will only be opening on Friday evenings, to see if it is viable.
We are also going to open the locker clubhouse to allow members to keep their bowls at the Club. However restrictions apply to this. Members are asked not to use the lockers meantime. Please have your bowls and shoes in your bag. Leave your bag either on the seats or on the floor but leaving a clear path around the chairs. When arriving to play one member at a time can enter the gents and ladies locker rooms to pick up their bag and take it to their allocated rink to change for their game. The reverse applies after your game. This could allow us to open the bar for the pairs "rink" night, as well as Friday nights. Please read carefully the information below regarding the re-opening of the Clubhouse and Bar.
Tillicoultry Bowling Club
Covid Guidelines for Re-opening Club House
FRIDAY 31st July 2020
To enable us to re-open the club house the guidelines below should be implemented where and as best as possible to ensure Tillicoultry Bowling Club members, visitors and staff reduce the risk of Covid-19 contraction.
No one should enter the premises if they are currently showing symptoms of Covid-19 these are inclusive, but not exhaustive to:
· Prolonged dry cough
· Loss of taste and smell
· Shortness of breath
· High Temperature
Entrance & Exit
Entrance and exit of the club will be through the main door:
· The Main entrance will be maintained with a hand sanitiser at entry as well as guidelines so that those who have not received this email (including visitors), can familiarise themselves with requirements.
· At the Main entrance there will be a club member taking personal details such as name, address and contact number which are required for Government’s track &trace. This is compulsory if you wish to enter the premises.
· The Rear entrance will be maintained with a hand sanitiser at entry. This door is to be used for patrons wishing to go outside to smoke and for taking alcohol outside to consume when the weather is favourable.
· All fire exits will be maintained and should be used as normal in the event they are required.
Kitchen will be out of use until further notice. No food may be brought in and consumed on the premises. Snacks will be available at the bar.
A 1m social distance rule will be implemented as a minimum throughout the club but the Committee encourage members to retain the 2m social distance when possible.
· A one-way system around the function room will be in place and be shown by markers on the floor
· You will be directed to a seat when you arrive.
· Only table service will be available at this time.
· Tables will be cleared and sanitised between use by patrons
· Both ladies and gents’ toilets will be open.
· Only 1 patron may use the toilet at a time and only 1 cubicle will be open for use in both the ladies and the gents. The gent’s urinal is not to be used. The external toilet door will have a lock to ensure privacy and adherence to this regulation.
· Toilets will be sanitised hourly. However the Committee would ask all members to spray and wipe all surfaces touched before exiting the toilet area.
Hand sanitiser will be provided in toilets as well, although it still remains washing hands with soap thoroughly is the best method to reduce spread.
Outside Club House
When outside the rear of clubhouse, either for smoking or drinking, a 1m social distance rule must be implemented but again please operate 2m rule if possible.
Whilst we have attempted to reduce points of congestion, some still exist due to the layout of the building. Please be particularly conscious in areas below that guidance is adhered as best as possible:
· Main entrance
· Rear entrance
· Lobby between players bar and function room
The Government advise the following:
· We provide clear guidance on expected customer behaviours, social distancing and hygiene to people on or before arrival, for example on-site signage and visual aids. Explaining to customers that failure to observe safety measures will result in service not being provided.
· We provide written or spoken communication of the latest guidelines to both workers and customers inside and outside the Club House.
We will display posters or information setting out how customers should behave at our venue to keep everyone safe.
Consider the particular needs of those with protected characteristics, such as those who are hearing or visually impaired.
· We inform customers that, where necessary, the police and the local authorities have the powers to enforce requirements in relation to social distancing and may instruct customers to disperse, leave an area, issue a fixed penalty notice or take further enforcement action.
· We Inform customers that they should be prepared to remove face coverings safely if asked to do so by police officers and staff for the purposes of identification.
· We encourage workers to remind customers to follow social distancing advice and clean their hands regularly.
Following the relaxation of the Scottish Government restrictions it is now possible to offer members some bowling albeit in a very restricted way from the 1st June. Follow this link for more info from Bowls Scotland
The health and safety of our members is paramount and the following guidelines have been drawn up with this in mind.
Members should understand that participation in the resumption of bowling is ultimately their own personal decision and is undertaken at their own risk. Members are urged to bring their own hand sanitiser with them for use before and after using the green for playing bowls.
In line with still existing Government restrictions the following guidelines will apply in respect of those who have paid their full fees or part thereof